Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Website/Forums

Training Information Verification

Hi all

i am trying to get into AMX University AMX.com asks me to verify my information in the account centre , and when i verfy them and submit, it goes back again with the same msg

Appreciate your help

Thanx

Comments

• Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    I wouldn't waste to much time and just call them. :)
  • email works but can take a while.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Someone at AMX let slip to me just the other day that the AMX University is going away. I can 't imagine that they aren't putting something else in it's place, so it's more than likely just in a transition state. Right now, those links are going directly to amx.com, and I am reasonably sure they went to a different domain in the past. I think they were hosted by someone other than AMX. It could be they are going to do it all in-house now.
  • DHawthorne wrote:
    Someone at AMX let slip to me just the other day that the AMX University is going away.

I wouldn't be surprised if that means it is going to be reworked because the part of it that I just used is truly bad.

It is apparently hosted externally on a site that is far too generalised and VERY difficult to follow.

Online registration actually happened only when I emailed to hassle them.

The test I just took asked some very odd questions - I spent many hours trawling the manuals for the answers - I suppose it's the journey not the destination, and I have no idea what questions I would ask if I had to recreate the test.

You can check that you have got each question right before moving on, if only you know where to click, where it tells you your percentage correct so far.

And to cap it all the "Details" at the end told me what I got right and wrong and didn't tell me what was wrong with the latter so I was none the wiser.

At least I passed!
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    And to cap it all the "Details" at the end told me what I got right and wrong and didn't tell me what was wrong with the latter so I was none the wiser.

At least I passed!

That has been a major complaint of many since it started. That and some of the questions I found where to vague or often misunderstood to what they were really asking. I remember 1 question asking about the max. number of 'hops' a master can make. The answer is found in the installer course NOT the designer course which I was writting the exam for. I questioned tech training about how are you to know this if it isn't in the course material ( at the time I did the course it was not mentioned, it maybe now).
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Has anyone else noticed the new calendar under training on amx.com? http://www.amx.com/training/lms/calendars/amxall.htm
    Looks a helluva lot better than the old one.

P.S. I didn't know how many hops either :(
  • matt95gsrmatt95gsr Posts: 165
    mpullin wrote:
    Has anyone else noticed the new calendar under training on amx.com? http://www.amx.com/training/lms/calendars/amxall.htm
    Looks a helluva lot better than the old one.
    (

No question about that statement...Powered by Google! But seriously, that definitely beats the pants off the old calendar. Good find.