Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Tips and Tricks
Options

How to view a CV5/CV7 on MVP-8400 or greater

If you load something like an MVP-8400 (800x600) TP file into a higher resolution TP (1280x768 or greater), I believe the TP file loads into the top left hand corner of the screen and everything looks good visually as far as button placement, popups, and background images. It?s been a while since I tried it last but I?m pretty sure that?s how it works.

I thought the same would apply when loading a CV5 or CV7 (800x480) into an MVP-8400 (80x600), however, I found that not to be the case. The buttons and popups are placed fine (everything is referenced correctly from top left) but the background image for the main pages gets centered in the screen (leaving a colored bar on the top and bottom of the screen) which makes it difficult to test and simulate how it will look and function on a CV5.

Here?s the tip: If you want to load a CV5 into a larger resolution like an MVP-8400 or CV12 (because you don?t have a CV5 handy or at your disposal) and you want it to look right, change the bitmap justification of the background image for each main page from ?center-middle? (the default setting for a new page) to ?top-left? Assuming your background image is full screen (800x480) ?center-middle? and ?top-left? will look the same when loaded into a CV5 and now the TP file it will look correct when loading it into a larger resolution touch panel as well.