Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Touch panel video over LAN

Hello.

Does anyone know if there is a way to see the video on the touch panel from a remote computer?

I can get to the touch panel and control it but the video is blacked out when logged from the network. Is this normal? The video works fine on the touch panel locally.
THANKS

Comments

• TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    joec wrote:
    Hello.

Does anyone know if there is a way to see the video on the touch panel from a remote computer?

I can get to the touch panel and control it but the video is blacked out when logged from the network. Is this normal? The video works fine on the touch panel locally.
    THANKS

None that I know of. I don't think the VNC connection would be able to refresh quick enough to keep up with the video.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Not if you are talking about a video window that has a hardware connection. VNC is more than capable of displaying video (not real well, or with high FPS, but it can do it), but any hardware video connection to a panel is not passed on to the VNC server.
  • joecjoec Posts: 55
    DHawthorne wrote:
    Not if you are talking about a video window that has a hardware connection. VNC is more than capable of displaying video (not real well, or with high FPS, but it can do it), but any hardware video connection to a panel is not passed on to the VNC server.

Yes a have composite video to the panels via the breakout box.
    So if I use a axis video server to send video to the panels, than I can remotely access into the panels and see the video? but not if I have a hardware video sent to the panels?

THANKS
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    joec wrote:
    So if I use a axis video server to send video to the panels, than I can remotely access into the panels and see the video? but not if I have a hardware video sent to the panels?

THANKS
    Yup, that about sums it up. I can confirm that using dynamic images and an Axis server works - I've done it many times. I suspect the hardware video bypasses part of the GPU rendering chain and so is not available to the VNC connection.
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    This is correct. I have comp. video going into a CV12, and a button set up to display the video. When I VNC into the panel, all I see is a black screen.
  • flcusatflcusat Posts: 309
    joec wrote:

THANKS

Is there a way to resize this video window coming from the axis server or are you limited by the axis server output resolution? Like when you have a video window and you tap on it, to get a full screen image.
  • flcusatflcusat Posts: 309
    flcusat wrote:
    Is there a way to resize this video window coming from the axis server or are you limited by the axis server output resolution? Like when you have a video window and you tap on it, to get a full screen image.

Never mind. I think I found my answer here:
    http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?t=1092&highlight=video+window