Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

TP button covers.

Hi everyone
I was just wondering what others are using to hold the small plastic covers that are used to cover the button holes on such panels as the AXD-MCP when the two sided tape loses it sticky. If someone has the part number for the tape that AMX uses or a manufacture.

Comments

• Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Instead of using the two sided tape could AMX design a small lip on each side and the bottom to hold this piece in place.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Some very carefully applied rubber cement works well, the kind you can rub away if you like after it has set. Just keep it WELL away from the buttons!!
    Thanks Dave, I'll give it a try. One of my guys tried using a chaulking gun with silicone but just ended up making a really big mess.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Originally posted by Thomas Hayes
    Thanks Dave, I'll give it a try. One of my guys tried using a chaulking gun with silicone but just ended up making a really big mess.

When I read this, I couldn't help but picture a guy holding a little picture hanging nail up against the wall and another guy winding up with a 10lb sledge hammer ;)

Jeff
    Yaa, Jeff, that sounds about right. I wished I'd had the 10lb sledge in reach after I found out. Same guy also over tightened the bolts on a projector, cracked the case and pulled the brass inserts right out. What can I say, it is hard to get good help and kids don't listen. I should try to hire a teenager while they still know it all.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Originally posted by Thomas Hayes
    Yaa, Jeff, that sounds about right. I wished I'd had the 10lb sledge in reach after I found out. Same guy also over tightened the bolts on a projector, cracked the case and pulled the brass inserts right out. What can I say, it is hard to get good help and kids don't listen. I should try to hire a teenager while they still know it all.

Well, that's got me beat.... best I've heard recently was a kid asking for a level so he could make sure the projector was parallel with the front wall. It was not a joke and the kid thought that the level would work if you just turn it on it's side.

Jeff