Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

R2 reset to factory defaults?

Hi all. I am just back from a service call where the customer was saying that their R2 remote wasn't working properly. Well, when I arrived, I found the batteries in the remote almost completely dead despite it being on the charging cradle (this unit has the rechargable battery upgrade installed).

When I looked into this in setup mode, I found the battery type had been reset to 'normal' instead of 'rechargable' and it looked like all the other settings were back at factory default, including the transmission type being reset to IR instead of RF. With the R2 trying to transmit IR to our RF setup, it was obvious why it wasn't working for the customer.

It appears that it was not able to charge the battery since the battery type wasn't set to 'rechargeable'. It seems that this would create a big problem if the battery dies completely, since one would be unable to get into setup without a spare battery to change the settings. The silly 'LOW BATTERY' flashing notification is also very annoying and serves to do nothing more than drain the battery further while you are trying to get into setup to fix things, besides erasing the text on the screen so that it's hard to see where you are in setup. :(

More importantly, what would/could have caused this factory reset to occur? Does this always happen if the battery completely runs out or should I look elsewhere for the culprit. If that is the case, then that is a rather big mark against these remotes, it would seem.

Many of our customers spend only a month or so a year in the 'vacation cottages' we do these installs in, and when they arrive, they expect everything to work. It would make sense that a housekeeper could very possibly unplug and store a remote like this without a second thought.

Anyone else had this happen, or perhaps has a good solution?

Thanks,
Eric

Comments

• Options
    ekeppelekeppel Posts: 37
    Just to update...

We got this unit back from RMA, and it was an isolated incident due to a bad trace on the PCB. AMX replaced it and everything is fine now. :)
  • Options
    Same Problame with Mio R2 manufacturer reset

Hi I have the same probleme with Mio R2
    did you find any solution ?
    Thanks