Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Hitachi CPX-251 Projector Rs232 Protocol

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask anyone out there who has done this model before for its protocol.

Another thing which I would like to ask is that does all CPX models have the same protocol?

Last but not least is that does the Projector need to have handshaking wired to the Rs232?

Thank you in advance and have a great day everyone!

Regards
Eric

Comments

• Options
    liviolow wrote:
    Hi everyone,

I would like to ask anyone out there who has done this model before for its protocol.

Another thing which I would like to ask is that does all CPX models have the same protocol?

Last but not least is that does the Projector need to have handshaking wired to the Rs232?

Thank you in advance and have a great day everyone!

Regards
    Eric
    Afaik all Hitachi projectors are using the same protocol. Find attached the 380 protocol. I also guess that the protocol is printed in the device manual. The bytes can directly be used, for example a printed BE is a "$BE" in NetLinx. The required checksums are also printed, only if the instruction is for functions for manually setting a value, the checksum must be calculated manually.

Froom the attached manual page 6, handshaking is not required. It's also not allowed to short pins 4&6 and pins 7&8 for AMX, because especially pins 4&6 have RS422 functions on AMX.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    liviolowliviolow Posts: 48
    Afaik all Hitachi projectors are using the same protocol. Find attached the 380 protocol. I also guess that the protocol is printed in the device manual. The bytes can directly be used, for example a printed BE is a "$BE" in NetLinx. The required checksums are also printed, only if the instruction is for functions for manually setting a value, the checksum must be calculated manually.

Froom the attached manual page 6, handshaking is not required. It's also not allowed to short pins 4&6 and pins 7&8 for AMX, because especially pins 4&6 have RS422 functions on AMX.

Hope this helps.

Thanks alot Marc! This is very useful to me and I am now able to get the projector working now.

From your greetings I can see you are Comm-Tec versed :-) I am currently working on an EIB Gateway AXG-EIB of which I am unable to get it working. Maybe can you advise me on pointers which I can look out for.

I can get the EIB polling but is unable to control it. Hopefully by this Friday I can try it again as the room is currently unavailable til Friday.

Thank you once again for the previous help and have a great day ahead!