Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

Keypad Builder documentation/Samples

First time working with Keypad Builder for a DMS-Pinnacle. I see everything I want to use in the documentation but can't find it in KPB. Examples...where is the channel map display? How do I program volume or HVAC levels? The documentation mentions LCD configuation module. What and where is that? Is there a tutorial or samples somewhere? I've done searches and come up with nothing. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    I think you are looking at documentation for KPDesign and using Keypad Builder. KPDesign is used with the older PLK-DMS keypads (discontinued) and it does have a channel map and level support. Keypad Builder is used with the new MIO-DMS keypads and is considerably different. The new keypads DO NOT support level displays. I found the software to be extremely lacking as compared to the other design tools offered by AMX. And lastly, I think the lack of the big button to return to the main page was a mistake (atleast if they expect current PLK-DMS users to upgrade to the MIO-DMS as the old ones break)

I do like the ability to use multiple ports, and I do like the speed at which the new keypads update, but I am extremely surprised at the lack of design software and features. I had a tech tell me that the new keypads are more like touchpanels and less like keypads, but I think that comparison stops at the ability of the keypad to use different ports. Oh, the price is probably comparable to that of a touchpanel as well....

I am sure others have posted all about the short comings of the MIO-DMS offerings, so I'll stop venting now. I just hope that the R-5.1 and R-5.2 become reality.

Jeff
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    I agree about the KPBuilder software. It seems to need some serious revision. There are quite a few bugs and it's not very intuitive.

Maybe the hardware was ready before the software?
  • Options
    glr-ftiglr-fti Posts: 286
    I am definitely looking at documentation for Keypad Builder. It is the online help. Go into it and type level in the Index area. It brings up the Line Options, of which it states there should be a place to select Level. Of course there is nothing there.