Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

XCH Command

Is there any plan to add an XCH Mode to deal with Dish Network (and possibly others) that have channels into the thousands? I know I could just write some code to SP the numbers, but I'm just going to take the lazy route and find out if it's in the works ;)

Also, since I am on the subject, is there any advantage to using the XCH command over using SP?

Jeff

Comments

• Options
    I would think that 1 line of code with XCH v 2, 3, 4 lines of code needed to accomplish the same thing with SP (or god forbid anyone foolish enough to use PULSE!) is an advantage.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Personally, I've never used any of the channel commands. To me, the code needed to maintain the same functionality is negligible, and allows me to customize it better: for example, a channel command that works both for selecting satellite music channels, or direct disc selections on a CD changer can be put in a single CALL; duplicate operations are only in there once, and the source specific segments handled with a SWITCH. The upshot is all I ever use with IR is the SP command and the appropriate startup commands.