Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

Hierarchy of popups

Hi All,

I have a project where I have a popup group consisting of 10 popups. Seven of those popups have sections that are identical to each other, so I'd like to have a single sub-panel that I can share between them.

Is there a way to have a sub-popup automatically appear on those pages without having to actually manage the sub-popup's visibility? Basically I don't want to have to track in my code or in the top-level page flip buttons which pages have the sub-popups.

Can you either
a) reference the sub-popup as a static element (sort of like a button or a graphic object)
or
b) set some property so the popup page disappears when the owning page is closed?

Thanks for any ideas,
David

Comments

• Options
    dnahman wrote:
    Basically I don't want to have to track in my code

This is understandable but you will find again and again that controlling popups with code solves so many little problems that you might as well just do it that way from the beginning in all but the simplest of panel layouts. The only disadvantage I find is that you can't demonstrate the panel independently.
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    This is understandable but you will find again and again that controlling popups with code solves so many little problems that you might as well just do it that way from the beginning in all but the simplest of panel layouts. The only disadvantage I find is that you can't demonstrate the panel independently.

yes you can. Use the panel built in "loop back device" to use popup code to handle your popups :)