Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Yamaha RX-Z9 RS232 question

Just got this in today and I'm trying to get the v1.1 module to work on the NXI. I'm using a 5-wire crossover cable between the RX-Z9 and the NetLinx serial port 1.

This is just the standard module compiled and downloaded to the NetLinx.

The module will poll the RX-Z9 attempting to establish communications, but the Yamaha doesn't answer. If I manually turn the Yamaha on, it does send data to the AMX but this appears to be ignored. Then when I press a button on the TP I can see a command being sent but there is never a response from the Yamaha.

The AMX thinks that the device is offline (confirmed by using telnet and the debug=1 command).

This looks like it is a flow control issue, but the documentation included with the module does not indicate that any type of special cable modifications are required.

Does anyone have any experience with this configuration and could you tell me what should be connected on the DB9 end and the phoenix end?

Thanks.

Danny

Comments

• Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Hi Danny,

I can't confirm whether the module works or not but here are the specs:

Yamaha A/V Receiver RXZ9

And here is the cable drawing:

Cable FG Number 10-843-04

Does that help?

Cheers,
    Joe
  • Unfortunately, no. I've set my cable up like that except that I'm going to an older NetLinx with a phoenix connector.

The NetLinx transmits when you push a button, the Yamaha will transmit when you turn it on, so I know that 2 and 3 work. It has something to do with my RTS/CTS crossover.

I guess I'll try another cable on Monday.

Danny
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    You might want to try using a loopback for RTS and CTS and see if that gets you anywhere.

Joe