Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

Is it possible to scale TP4 project?

I draw a User Interface (UI) for MVP-7500... but later I find out that my UI should be loaded on MVP-8400... so is it possible to scale my UI project so I dun need to re-do it? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    flcusatflcusat Posts: 309
    winstonma wrote:
    I draw a User Interface (UI) for MVP-7500... but later I find out that my UI should be loaded on MVP-8400... so is it possible to scale my UI project so I dun need to re-do it? Thanks

You can save the MVP-7500 file in TPDesign 4 as a different panel type an select MVP-8400
  • Options
    winstonmawinstonma Posts: 45
    I can't find the way to do it. Would you mind showing me the steps? Thanks
  • Options
    Open the MVP-7500 in TPDesign 4. Click on File-Save as a different panel type-Select MVP-8400 in the Panel Type pull down.
  • Options
    winstonmawinstonma Posts: 45
    I finally get it thanks so much
  • Options
    winstonma wrote:
    I finally get it thanks so much

I'm happy I could help.I'm also a newbie.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    "Save As Different Panel Type" works very well, even for panels of completely different resolution and aspect. Your 7500 and 8400 at least have the same shape screen and resolution, there is little to do. I typically, when changing either of those in a re-save, don't let it scale the graphics, just the pages, buttons, and fonts. Graphics don't scale well via TPD; I do those myself in the Gimp.
  • Options
    alexanboalexanbo Posts: 282
    The 7500 and 8400's have different resolutions, plus the 8400's have a much higher colour depth and an active screen. If you do, do the upgrade it's probably worth it to upgrade the graphics too.