Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

NEC plasma discreet IR commands?

Does anyone have IR commands for discreet video input select (video 1, video 2, video 3) for NEC plasmas (42MX2 to be precise)?
AMX file NEC00037.irl has discreet RGB input select but none of the AMX NEC files have it for video - and the remote doesn't have it either.
Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    VLCNCRZRVLCNCRZR Posts: 216
    Unfortuantely, more and more display devices are using a "cycling" input selection rather than discreet input selects.

In the past I have tried creating IR commands based on other discreet commands on the same remote. I have never been able to get it to work just right.
    I have even tried to create fake timing to track which input was current and then pulse the necessary pulses to get to the next needed input.

In recent years, I have just started and ended with RS232 control. I never did like working with the HEX commands on the NEC's, but I guess if there is no IR available, we have no choice.

It could be worse: It could be a Sony!

VLCNCRZR
  • Options
    NEC Plasma Discrete IR Commands

There is a file at www.remotecentral.com in the NEC plasma discrete IR section that purports to support all current 42" and 50" NEC plasma TVs. The file only contains the discrete codes for Video 1 and Video 2 but it might be worth a try. I can't vouch for whether or not the commands actually work but I have had excellent results with other discrete codes posted on the site for various brands of TVs. The file is:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/files/rcfiles.cgi?area=pronto&db=discrete&br=nec&dv=plasmadisplay&fc=

You could import the hex codes into IREdit or you could download the Pronto file to a Pronto device and then capture the codes using IRIS. There also was a utility floating around that converted Pronto files to .irl files but I don't have a lot of information on it. Perhaps someone else could help.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Sometimes when there is a discreet for just one video mode, you can use it as an anchor, then count the presses to cycle to what you want. I do this all the time with the Sharp Aquos line. There is a discreet Video code, but then you have to cycle through to Video 1, 2, etc. So if I need Video 3, I send the discreet video code, then the cycle code twice. Often you need to play around with timeing as well, some inputs don't lock right away and need a delay before cycling.
  • Options
    Thank you!

Thanks for all of your thoughts. I will copy the remote central codes into IR edit and see what happens.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Found an IR conversion program at this site: www.remoteyou.com - follow the "files" link.

Use at your own risk....