Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Olevia TV RS232 Control

Did anyone had tried use RS232 to control Olevia TV?
I would like to control the TV by RS232, the model is 532H.

Did anyone have some sample code can teach me how to control?
Thanks a lot.

Comments

• GeoGeo Posts: 6
    Olevia RS-232 control

I have written and successfully tested a module for the Olevia 747. The strings are probably the same but if not Olevia was nice enough to include them in their manuals, along with status return strings. Looks like it's been awhile since your post, but if you still need it I can give it to you.
  • IshlachiIshlachi Posts: 34
    Olevia RS-232 control

Geo,

Were you able to get good 232 feedback with the 747? I have had a little trouble with that aspect.
  • GeoGeo Posts: 6
    For the most part yes, but it did seem a little flaky in some aspects...not sure if it was something I was doing in the way I was polling the device or if it's just the way it reports back.
  • patbpatb Posts: 140
    I've got it working with all the feedback I needed. The unit I had was 115,200 baud rate so if you're having problems be sure to check your cable length. We are using the 47" version at a jobsite with cable runs from 50-300 feet so I had to send it 422 and use a 422/232 converter at the display. Worked fine though. Got responses for power, vol mute, vol level, input - basically everything I needed. If you want the module send me a message. I typically don't post random files on a forum unless someone asks.