Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

MVP-8400i Sound

I've been working w/ 2 new MVP "i" panels and have notice that the sound on the button pushes often give an odd crackle type of sound with the normal button push hit or miss sound. It sounds like crap. Has any one notice a similar odd sound with these or possible the "i" series in general.

I'm thinking about shipping these back for replacement if this isn't a new low quality norm.

On a happier note, the intercom appears to work rather nicely with the module. Of course I bought a IP intercom from Digital Acoustics but haven't been able to make them talk with the TPs, although they are pretty cool all on their own.

Comments

• Options
    PLease check firmware of the 8400i. Withe the latest v. 2.81.19 there is an audio fix which may help.
    From feature list:
    Corrected an audio bug that prevented doorbell tones from playing properly
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    The firware on both panels are the current release.
  • Options
    SensivaSensiva Posts: 211
    Before Sending Back...

Try another sound file.... there are many on web for free... and see for your self.. if it is odd, then send it back, if it is fine....... then it is you ... :D
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I have a brand new panel doing this with the default sounds if the volume is up too high. It's subtle, but it sounds to me like the audio chip is just noisy at high levels. I just turned down the master volume and digital volume level. It could be a bad batch; I don't recall seeing this before.
  • Options
    If the volume is down it's obviously less annoying. Maybe I'll switch to some of my cartoon wav files but that's another day.
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    I have some 8400i panels, they all make the crackly sound that you are referring to. It sounds to me like the processor is hanging when it goes to play the sound, rather than an overload of some kind of audio stage.
  • Options
    GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    I have some 8400i panels, they all make the crackly sound that you are referring to. It sounds to me like the processor is hanging when it goes to play the sound, rather than an overload of some kind of audio stage.
    Update them to the lastest fireware.
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    GSLogic wrote:

I did. The symptoms are much improved, but in the setup pages, it's worse. Not that the customer is typically there though.
  • Options
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GSLogic
    same here. usually it's the first thing I do when I get in new equipment online. I haven't changed the wav file yet but with the master volume is at 37 and the digital audio level at 25 it still ocasionally sounds like crap just not as loud as it used to be. I know when it's installed the customer is going to question it because it does sound like it's defective. Both 8400i's I received in my last order sound the same and it's not all the time.
  • Options
    I have also experienced this problem.
    vining wrote:
    same here. usually it's the first thing I do when I get in new equipment online. I haven't changed the wav file yet but with the master volume is at 37 and the digital audio level at 25 it still ocasionally sounds like crap just not as loud as it used to be. I know when it's installed the customer is going to question it because it does sound like it's defective. Both 8400i's I received in my last order sound the same and it's not all the time.

I have exprienced exactly the same symptoms on just about every Modero panel I have worked on. (maybe a dozen or so) Latest firmware is installed.

I agree that it sounds more like a processor hang than an amplifier overload.
  • Options
    SensivaSensiva Posts: 211
    Firmware Version 2.81.21

I was having the same problem, and even after updating the firmware, but later then , the compact flash has been corupted, and they sent me a new one with a firmware already installed in it Version 2.81.21..... The sound is perfectly fine.

I assume that this firmware will be released soon.

This version isn't necessary will fix vinings issue, but may be , who knows??