Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Tandberg 2500

Hi everyone
Does anyone have the RS-232 codes(module/axi) for a Tandberg 2500?

Comments

• FrankieFrankie Posts: 71
    try this out.....
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Thanks Frankie
    I'll give it a try later today.
  • chillchill Posts: 186
    Re: Tandberg 2500
    Originally posted by Thomas Hayes
    Hi everyone
    Does anyone have the RS-232 codes(module/axi) for a Tandberg 2500?

Hi Thomas,

What are you looking to do? I use 2500s all the time, and the API is published by Tandberg. It changes a little depending on the 2500's software version, but the basic stuff doesn't change much if at all.

If you just want to replicate the remote, it's pretty much send_string codec,"'key xx',$0d" where xx is some characters to represent the key being emulated. Some of the popular ones are 'menu', 'up', 'do', 'le', 'ri', 'ok', 'connect', 'disc'... the one that's not on the remote is 'grab', which represents moving the remote. It essentially 'wakes up' the codec if it's gone to sleep. You can also do stuff like monitor call status, find out the far end's phone number, get speed dial directory listings, etc.

Let me know if you need the full spec and I'll post it.
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Thanks for the info Chris. I ended up having Bryan Mitchell drop by and do the coding.(It helps having one of the main guys with Tandberg-not to mention one of the top programmers just a couple of hours away.) My main problem was that I have never had the chance to play around with one of Tandberg boxes before. Thanks again.