Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions VisualArchitect

Webupdate may damage your Windows setup

I had a perfectly running notebook with XP SP2 and decided to use AMX Webupdate to update my VA software. It went online and downloaded the 300+ MB and started the install. After the installation it corrupted some Windows XP system files and I couldn't use Internet Explorer 7 to go online nor Firefox. I decided to reboot the computer and then I started getting error message popus about:

SQLEVN70.RLL
SQLSVC.RLL
SQLMANGR.EXE

Even after rebooting, I still don't have Internet Acess anymore. Now I am in the middle of trying to repair my Windows XP SP2 installation. What a nightmare.

To be honest with all of you. I think that Netlinx Studio is still the best way to go. VA is a hog of an application. I strongly believe that the only way for AMX to be successful with a drag and drop aplication is to create something similar to the old LANDMARK.

Anyways just reporting another wasted day with VA.

Ricardo

Comments

• TonyAngeloTonyAngelo Posts: 315
    I did the same VA webupdate on both my desktop and laptop just last week and everything is fine {knock on wood} so far.