Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

NI-900 + LINN Roomamp 2/Classik Movie

Hello,

I'm a beginner AMX programmer and I got a NI-900 and my goal is to operate LINN Roomamp 2 and/or Classik Movie with it, both choices are fine. I connected both of them to NI-900 RS-232 port and through Control Device option in NetLinx Studio I tried to send commands for those devices directly.

NI-900 is a 32002 device on system 1 and RS-232 port is port 1.
I set communication settings of RS-232 port on all devices to 9600.

So I entered those figures and tried to send following commands as a string:

for RoomAmp:
$ORIGIN SUBZONE_ROOM$ $STANDBY_OFF$ //turn on room channel

for Classik:
$BAND AM$ //switch tuner to AM

LINN doesn't react anyway to them or any other commands.

Is there anyway to make NI-900 control those devices?
How can I control Classik through IR sensor? (as I found IR library of classik in AMX IR library and mapped it to Linn device in NetLinx project but couldn't make NI-900 to send IR signals)
Is there a wayto send those commands through Web panel?

All your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Alexander.

Comments

• Options
    NMarkRobertsNMarkRoberts Posts: 455
    I'm a very proud owner of some Linn gear (listening to it now) but my experience with driving various Linn gear via serial was ghastly, although the Linn people were very helpful. Even the cable was horrible - serial comms via an RJ45! PM me if you want the code, which may illuminate what you are doing.
  • Options
    I can remember that in the past I had some trouble to control Linn equipment with a NI-700. But same code worked well on a NI-2000. This was reproducable with 2 more NI-700s, so there may be a problem with the RS-232 voltage range.
  • Options
    AlexanderAlexander Posts: 18
    I found out that LINN gear works with following values:
    baud rate 9600 (easily configurable), 7 bits data, even parity, 1 stop bit ( 9600,7,E,1)

and NI-900 (NI-700) controller with:
    baud rate 9600 (easily configurable), 8 bits data, none parity, 1 stop bit (9600,8,N,1)

and it is written in NI-X00 programming guide that NI-900 can't receive 7 bit data (e.g. 9600,7,n,1). Nothing said about ability to send it.

Maybe someone knows how to configure RS-232 port or have a solution how to make LINN understand NI-900 controller.

Alexander.