Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

ZigBee Wireless Range

I just ran a simple test that toggles a button on and then off every second while holding down the vol up button on a R4 remote and did this while walking about. I must say the range is much better that expected. Using only 1 ZigBee gateway located at the rear of my home office on the 2nd floor I was able to maintain button toggling in the most front lower level rooms about 70' away through hardwood floors and walls. Walking about the property had similar good results, across the street and even on the otherside of the neighbors house which is aluminum siding worked as well.

Very pleased!

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    vining wrote:
    I just ran a simple test that toggles a button on and then off every second while holding down the vol up button on a R4 remote and did this while walking about. I must say the range is much better that expected. Using only 1 ZigBee gateway located at the rear of my home office on the 2nd floor I was able to maintain button toggling in the most front lower level rooms about 70' away through hardwood floors and walls. Walking about the property had similar good results, across the street and even on the otherside of the neighbors house which is aluminum siding worked as well.

Very pleased!
    Ha! I bet your neighbors were wondering just what the heck you were doing! :)
  • Options
    GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    The ZipBee connection at my home has a much better range than my network connection.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    ericmedley wrote:
    Ha! I bet your neighbors were wondering just what the heck you were doing!
    When I was walking down the street another neighor did stick his head out of a window and ask what the heck I was doing.

GSLogic wrote:
    The ZipBee connection at my home has a much better range than my network connection.
    Yeah it's pretty darn good! For a second I thought I was going to be able to walk 1/2 way down the street like you can with the Lutron car visor control.