Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Touchpanel goes over to Dark Side

I've got 2 x NXT1200V installed in courtrooms. One appears to be OK but the other has joyfully started doing phantom button presses at all hours of the day and night, I think always of buttons that are visible on the touchpanel, often the same button repeatedly seconds or hours apart, often with a delayed release - many seconds.

Damn poltergeists again.

The client went spare when it started doing random things with a court in session so it had to be unplugged, solving the problem.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    Probably a defective touch overlay ;)

Vince
  • Options
    NMarkRobertsNMarkRoberts Posts: 455
    Firmware upgrade fixes it - UPGRADE YOURS NOW

I'm now reasonably sure that a firmware upgrade has fixed the problem. Can't be certain because you never can be certain with intermittent faults. But the panel was unusable before and has now been sweet for a couple of days.

I therefore urge you all to upgrade all Modero panels you may touch for the next 12 months as a prophylactic measure. This one failed after a few months in use, started with very occasional random button pushes, and over a few months progressively got worse until it became unusable - my client was fighting with the touchpanel with a law court in full session in front of her, switching off VC calls as soon as they were randomly connected to prisons whose name began with A or B, frantically contacting everyone who could help until someone suggested she disconnect it.

Wish I'd seen that!