Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Website/Forums

AMX.COM asplosion

Ok, own up, which one of you blew up their DB server ?

Comments

• NMarkRobertsNMarkRoberts Posts: 455
    trav wrote:

Maybe it was everyone clicking through the email with new technotes sent today. Of course the "we are going offline for maintenance" message I saw may have something to do with it. Wait - did I just say that AMX told us they were going offline, then sent us an email with clickthroughs to the website?

Sounds like my local library. Some genius programmer decided that reminders about overdue books should be sent out on Saturday nights. It's closed on Sundays and Mondays.
  • travtrav Posts: 188
    heh, yeah, I should have explained more, I went through their new procedure and got my 'authentication link' and got a lovely database error in response.

Perhaps I just need to give them some more time.
  • trav wrote:
    heh, yeah, I should have explained more, I went through their new procedure and got my 'authentication link' and got a lovely database error in response.

Perhaps I just need to give them some more time.
    me too......
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    I just tried to log on and noticed it,, real nice since I'm onsite trying to get an IR code.
  • I got word that the error has been resolved, and just now was able to login. If you have any further troubles let us know! Thanks for your patience.
  • shr00m-dewshr00m-dew Posts: 394
    The site made me click on a verification email when I tried to log back in today. That gave me access back into the tech areas, but I've lost access to our account center and price lists.

Is this widespread?

Kevin D.
  • joecjoec Posts: 55
    I have tried a few times but I never get the email with the link to verify my account.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    trav wrote:
    Nothing to add other than I'm locked out too! Happy 4th of July from AMX everybody! :)

Maybe a firecracker was placed in the server...
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    joec wrote:
    I have tried a few times but I never get the email with the link to verify my account.
    Their e-mail has been running slow. I called in for a repair authorization at 11 AM on Tuesday, and still hadn't gotten the confirmation e-mail at 1 PM. I called back, and a half hour later, got the confirmation, then an hour later got yet another confirmation. The actual RA didn't show up until after I left for the day at 4:30; I had to send the package out with the confirmation, and call in to get the RA just so I could meet the pickup deadline.
  • 2nd Rick2nd Rick Posts: 6
    It was definitely down for maintenence, they are making some changes to the Account Center section.

Here was the blast we got:
    Effective tonight, Tuesday, July 3rd, the first time a user visits or returns to AMX.com and logs in, he/she will be prompted to activate his/her account. Account activation is minimally intrusive, and will take very little time to complete. [PLEASE NOTE: To complete these upgrades, the AMX.com Website will be down on July 3, from 7:00pm ? 12:00am, and cannot be accessed during that time.]

Here?s what will happen when a new or returning user visits AMX.com:

If you are already logged in, or if you attempt to login, a page will pop up explaining that they need to verify your account information to allow account activation. You will have the opportunity to update the account information and e-mail address. NOTE: It is imperative the e-mail address on their account is valid and current, or you will not be able to activate your account, and a new account must be created.
    An e-mail from [email protected] (Subject: AMX Web Account Activation) is sent to the e-mail address listed in your account.
    Click the link in that e-mail (?To complete your registration, please click here?). Clicking this link will verify that the account belongs to you and contains your valid e-mail address.
    Another screen on AMX.com will appear explaining that your account is activated. You may then return to normal activity on AMX.com.

If you or your staff have any questions or issues with account activation, please contact [email protected].

If you have technical problems, please contact I.T. at [email protected].
    I got in now. It's 9:51AM eastern.
  • Re: AMX.com

Well, I was able to get in, and just shortly after I confirmed all of my details, was verified, and allowed to view the site, I got the email announcing that they would be down.

Always good to get the email about a 7-3-07 service disruption on 7-5-07 :P

Brad
  • glr-ftiglr-fti Posts: 286
    I still have not received the email but no longer have access to pricing or activity reports in account center. I guess it's safe to say that this upgrade has not gone smoothly and is certainly not complete.
  • Our IT department is working to iron out some of these issues - they are recommending people try clearing their AMX.com cookie and repeating the account verification process if they run into trouble. If your issue persists, please let Customer Service know ([email protected]). Thank you for your patience.
    Cleared cookies and reactivated. Problem persists.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Heh, I got the e-mail notifying me of the down time on the 3rd just today (the 6th). E-mail is definitely running way behind.
    Lol!!!
    DHawthorne wrote:
    Heh, I got the e-mail notifying me of the down time on the 3rd just today (the 6th). E-mail is definitely running way behind.

I just got my email warning me of the impending shut down on July 3!!! It's currently Friday, July 6 at 10:56AM Eastern.

Ha!
  • Chip MoodyChip Moody Posts: 727
    If you read what I had here previously, please disregard. The same IT guys that were waiting for more information actually went and adjusted a setting on our ISA server, prompted by the very error message I had pointed out to them. :)
  • Works fine here with Firefox 2.0.0.4. At home I use Opera 9.20, works also fine.

Update: Seems that Firefox here in the Office has problems loading the AMX pages.
    IE has loaded www.amx.com without delay, but Firefox hangs every 2nd attempt on loading amx.com
  • annuelloannuello Posts: 294
    Cleared cookies, etc. Not working for me with either FireFox or IE. :( I'm on site, and need to do a few firmware upgrades....
  • Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    After days of clearing cookies, it has finally worked...

<rant>
    I have to say that this is pretty poor... Is AMX really saying that this couldn't wait until they had long enough to actually send out the email with maybe a weeks notice of the upgrade...

To then have the front to tell me this:

"At AMX, we treat each of our customers with a personal touch. The more we know who you are, the better we can fulfill your needs."

</rant>
  • egcarteregcarter Posts: 5
    Still don't get any pricing info on the new website. Account Center doesn't have the pricelist download and the individual products don't show the price or availability.

Eric
  • Eric,
    Your account does not have pricing access set up. Please contact your Dealer Web Administrator to get access to pricing. If you need the name of your Administrator you can PM me or e-mail Customer Service.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Just went to amx.com and timed out the first attempt. Second attempt I got to the site, but when I tried to go to the Search Third Party Devices section, I was informed that my account hasn't been activated yet.

Jeff

UPDATE:

I got an email saying I needed to activate my account. After doing so, everything worked well.
    and its off again

once again can't login to amx.com - main pages are working fine - just can't login for downloads anymore.... Arhhhhhh!
    Jimweir192 wrote:
    once again can't login to amx.com - main pages are working fine - just can't login for downloads anymore.... Arhhhhhh!
    hmmm.. I getting on fine. perhaps you should clear out your browser cache and re-log on.
    It let me in eventually - nothing to do with my cache or cookies, just kept getting a .net db runtime error...

It's annoying when your out and about and need to get firmware updates for old kit... I'm sure whatever improvements AMX have made are worthwhile, but I just wish they had been tested better prior to deployment and the notifications had been been more timely!
    I am able to access things OK but I still can't get into Account Center after clearing cookies logging out and back in, posting messasges on this fourm, and sending messages to [email protected] at least twice. I guess I am not supposed to know how much things cost, where my products are, what is the status of my RMA's, etc. I guess I have to go back to 1980 and what call someone? Maybe I should send a fax?
    Thanks to Suzanne, Account Center is back for me. For anyone else who has this problem PM Suzanne for a speedy result or wait forever.