Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Keypad Builder and MIO DMS keypad

Hi All...

Taking a first crack with MIO DMS keypads. A few (of likely several) questions...

Where in KP Builder can I assign VARIABLE TEXT channels?

Do the MIO DMS not have 'levels' in them - like the old PLK DMS which gave a bar graph for level? (convenient for visual volume setting)

Reference is made to TIME, but I can't find a place to allocate the TIME info onto the KP display.

Thanks!

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Get ready for some frustration if you are experienced with the old DMS keypad software. The new software seems less functional (there is atleast one thread that discusses this in detail)

As I recall, there is no ability to display a level on the new DMS keypads.

To make a button be variable text, you simply assign it an address code and port and treat it like a touchpanel variable text button. (actual commands are in software tools and PI)

As for TIME, I am not sure. You could always send the time from the processor once a minute. There might also be an internal address code (Port 0) that will display time, but I have not encountered any info on the this.

Jeff
  • No bar graph support. You can show your volume level in a text box. That's as close as I could get to displaying a volume level/text on the new MIO DMS.

The software is very weak. There is no panel preview, so for any changes you want to see, you will need to load the MIO DMS program every single time and wait until it loads.

For time as mentioned before, you will also need to send it to a text box. See attached file.

As far as comparing to the old DMS, we lost important features such as: bar graph, the big bar button (now we have one button less), you need to wake the MIO DMS first before any button works, no panel design preview in software, button sticking on the 8 button version.

I don't know if they have fixed the button sticking problem on the 8 button version, but in my opinion, the MIO DMS pinnacle is a better setup, since it is a touch panel. I hope this helps,

Ricardo
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Someone (could have been me) a while ago pointed out that as an alleged editing program, KeypadBuilder really ought to have an edit menu...
  • PyroGuyPyroGuy Posts: 121
    thanks

Thanks for the feedback. You have confirmed my fears - loss of some nice features in exchange for ???

We'll give it a try and see what happens.

Cheers!