Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

ipronto

Has anyone communicated with the Netlinx through the AXR-RF using the ipronto - TSI6400 sending out RF. I am not sure what the frequency of the ipronto is yet. But I am waiting on philips to give that answer. I am wondering if the pronto's frequency is either 418 kHZ or433 kHZ that the AXR-RF will be able to see button pushes.

Comments

• Options
    kennyannkennyann Posts: 113
    Just in from Philips: the frequency of the ipronto is 418 mHz + or - 100 kHz with a range of 20 m.
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Re: ipronto

kennyann,

Just curious, how do you plan on converting Pronto button pushes to something that AMX is going to understand? Or am I missing something?

Cheers,
    Joe
    Originally posted by kennyann
    I am wondering if the pronto's frequency is either 418 kHZ or433 kHZ that the AXR-RF will be able to see button pushes.
  • Options
    The AXR-RF is receiving a low baud rate stream of data, and since it only knows how to receive data from an AMX transmitter it will likely see the ipronto data as interference.
  • Options
    kennyannkennyann Posts: 113
    Dear Joe:

You can send IR AMX buttons through ipronto units with an AMX IR receiver. I know that works.

According to veraview I guess RF may not work. It would be great if can get that to work.
  • Options
    I recently integrated a TSU-7000 I think it was? using the above mentioned RF-IR button pushes. Worked splendidly and a much more elegant solution then those ghastly TXC bricks!

Note: I think the model we used was an AXB-TCR
  • Options
    That was pain in the *** when I planned to use Pronto on a project, the reason was - customer was not satisfied with bulky ViewPoint panel (now we have MVP - thanks AMX - still love to see something smaller in size). The trick didn't work if you use RF-enabled Pronto with AXR-RF. The only workaround this problem is that you use next chain - Proto sends learned AMX IR-channels over RF to RF-Extender => RF-extender sends IR-command to AMX IR-Reciever (e.g. AXD-IR+) . Good luck. D.
  • Options
    Forgot to say - if you need learned channels for pronto - check RemoteCentral - they have it for sure.