Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

G4 Panel Preview - run from CD

Recently I have been creating CD's with submittal version TP4 on them for a salesperson to review with a client. I also place copies of the G4 Panel Preview application on the CD as well.

The G4 Panel Preview program really does a nice job of simulating the flow of the panel elements.

Initially, I assumed that because I could run the CD on my computer, that it would work fine on others.

Most of the salespeople have G4 Panel Preview installed on their laptop. For those who dont, the TP4 file wont open correctly when attempting to run G4 Panel Preview from the CD. The following error occurs:

"invalid argument passed to a function"

I discovered the problem when the client requested to keep the CD to review with their peers.

What other files must be placed on the CD to be able to run the application from the CD? I dont want my clients to have to install any applications on their PC's.

Is there anything in the works to be able to "compile" a G4 panel file into a client-reviewable form that can be emailed or run from a CD?

Thanks for your input and assistance.

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Re: G4 Panel Preview - run from CD
    Originally posted by VLCNCRZR

Is there anything in the works to be able to "compile" a G4 panel file into a client-reviewable form that can be emailed or run from a CD?
    That would be a nice sales tool.