Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

DirecTV digital guide data

Has anyone gotten the DirecTV guide data into digital format? It would be nice to integrate into the touch panels for better channel control.

Thanks.

Comments

• joelwjoelw Posts: 175
    Yes. I will be offering a module in the near future.
  • satzsatz Posts: 17
    Where do you obtain the specification or do you munge the HTML from the web site?
    satz wrote:
    Where do you obtain the specification or do you munge the HTML from the web site?

Scraping HTML guide data is copyright infringement. Not a good thing to get involved with.

I'll have something more to post in ~months time.
    I found this web site but am awaiting a reply from them regarding how much it costs.

http://www.tmsdatadirect.com/

I am not having much luck getting through to DirecTV to see if I can get the data via the satellite receivers.

I look forward to see what you produce, Joel.

Thanks.
    satz wrote:
    I found this web site but am awaiting a reply from them regarding how much it costs.

http://www.tmsdatadirect.com/

I am not having much luck getting through to DirecTV to see if I can get the data via the satellite receivers.

I look forward to see what you produce, Joel.

Thanks.

It's around $100k per year for the full pipe.

Tribune Media is the originator of the Guide data. DirecTV licenses from them.
    Any update on this? Thanks.
  • alexanboalexanbo Posts: 282
    I think amx may have something kicking around that gets the info from the serial port. At Cedia and in the literature for the 5200i it's showing program guide listings in the demo programs......
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    alexanbo wrote: »
    I think amx may have something kicking around that gets the info from the serial port. At Cedia and in the literature for the 5200i it's showing program guide listings in the demo programs......

The data from a set-top serial port is pretty limited. The protocol is public, and I have the docs; it doesn't supply much more than the station you are currently tuned to, much less meta data. The AMX demo pretty much has to be getting it from elsewhere.