Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Verify

Hi all,

The old Axcess compilers use to have a ?Verify? option that would allow you to compare compiled code on your PC with the code running in a master and verify if they were the identical. Does that option exist in Netlinx Studio?

Thanks,
Joe

Comments

• Options
    Hi Joe
    Studio 1.2 has it but I don't see it on Studio 2.
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Thanks Thomas. I don't see it in Studio 2 either. I wonder if it will reappear in DUET? I thought it was a useful feature.
  • Options
    I don't know of the feature in Studio 2.x, but can you cheat? If you set up a watch window with one of the variables used in the code, it should tell you if the source code matches the compiled (master) code.
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Hi Ghrae,

Thanks for the suggestion but that only kind of works. Take any project, compile it, and download it to a master. Immediately afterwards compile that same project again without making any changes. Now open up the debug window and you will get a message saying that the source code and the tkn on the master don't match even though you haven't done a thing with the source code. I assume it's looking at the time and date stamp.

I'll just remember to keep my trigger happy compile finger at bay if I want to "cheat" :)

Thanks again,
    Joe

Originally posted by Ghrae
    I don't know of the feature in Studio 2.x, but can you cheat?
  • Options
    Actually, I've come across that exact problem many times before :(... but it is as close to a "verify" as I can think of with the current Studio release.