Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

Is This TP Design Avaliable From AMX

Does anyone know if this design is available from AMX:

http://amx.com//assets/logosAndPhotos/MVP-8400-Front.png

I saw when doing a product search and thought it was a very nice design.

Jairo Martinez
AMX ACE Programmer
Columbus, Ohio

Comments

• Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I saw that a while back too. I wish AMX would provide nicer looking graphics / templates (such as this.) They do however - seem to have nicer templates than the NJ based company. From the looks, it seems to be a pretty simple template (as far as graphics go), and wouldn't be hard to reproduce.
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    jup, it looks nice indeed...
    i think the carbon thing is a little over the top, but the buttons look nice.
    Maybe they will release it sooner or later.
  • Options
    Ehh what the heck. I started working on this tonight. Did my own little twist to the above layout. Obviously - it's just the background / bare bones right now. I would LOVE to see that design released . . . .

Insert code here:
    DEFINE_FUNCTION fnBeg (nTemplateReleased)
    {
     WHILE(nTemplateReleased == FALSE)
     {
       SEND_STRING AMX,"'Pretty, pretty, pretty please???'"
     }
    }

Yeah - I really need some sleep.
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    DATA_EVENT[AMX]{
         online:
              nTeaserReleased = TRUE;
              nTemplateReleased = FALSE;
         string:
              nTemplateReleased = FALSE;
              laugh();
    }

• Options
    cmacma Posts: 94
    It looks alot like a RSD design..

http://www.wedoresi.com/rsd.html
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    cma wrote:
    It looks alot like a RSD design..

http://www.wedoresi.com/rsd.html
    Strong similarities, in any case. It wouldn't surprise me if it's a design they made for AMX, and that's why it's not available as a download ... at least not yet. I believe my boss asked about it and was told they were working on a release version.
  • Options
    SmallSmall Posts: 9
    Hi folks,

I've just spent a couple of evenings at home trying to copy the said design. I've attached a picture. I have adapted the design for an XGA panel (e.g. 1500VG).

I would like to upload the TP4 and PSD files in a zip, but not sure what the upload limit is - any ideas?

Regards,
  • Options
    Small wrote:
    Hi folks,

I've just spent a couple of evenings at home trying to copy the said design. I've attached a picture. I have adapted the design for an XGA panel (e.g. 1500VG).

I would like to upload the TP4 and PSD files in a zip, but not sure what the upload limit is - any ideas?

Regards,
    Excellent work.

However, I could be wrong but AMX might send you the file if you were email them and ask. Someone want to venture to try? :D

I'd love to see your design in full working order (via TP4) also; would be nice if the "logo" area could be customizable (hint-hint); you can upload it anywhere on the web, such as RapidShare.com . . .

BTW Paul - congrats on your first post! It surely was a great one! Keep 'em coming!
  • Options
    flcusatflcusat Posts: 309
    Very nice Paul.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

jjames - took onboard your request and made the logo button a seperate button with green feedback.

I'm gonna try and upload the zip. If it works, there's a few things to note:

1). Lots of loopback commands present so the TP4 can be tested in Panel Preview without a panel - easily removed.
    2). Because of 1). alot of feedback types and page flipping will need to be changed or controlled from the processor.
    3). Although I have created it all from scratch, I have essentially stolen the design from the 8400i website image, I cannot take any design credit - hence why I am willing to supply all associated files.

OK, upload did not work. Thanks to jjames for recommending rapidshare - the file can be found here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/88025115/Industrial.zip.html

Regards,
  • Options
    flcusatflcusat Posts: 309
    Paul, I just downloaded the file. I didn't have time to go through the whole TPD4 file but all I can say is very very nice job! Congratulations.
  • Options
    AuserAuser Posts: 506
    Very tidy. Love your work.
  • Options
    2Fast2Fast Posts: 90
    Wonderful

I downloaded your panel and when a saw your job I said: - Are you kidding me, Paul??? lol

Congratulations Paul ... very very nice job!
  • Options
    pauldpauld Posts: 106
    I also downloaded your touchpanel Paul, that is great work!

Thank you for including the image source files, those will help me out on my own work. Thank you again.
  • Options
    Excellent!

Paul - very good work. I very much appreciate the hard work. I think you've inspired me to start using Photoshop rather than Fireworks . . . blah - now another program to learn.

Great job!! Cheers!
  • Options
    GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    Paul, VERY good job!
  • Options
    Good job on that, mate. Looks very sharp.

I have a suggestion, however, but please don't take it as my saying your work isn't any good; it's just a technique I've learned in the designing process. You may even do this already, but just didn't want to do it for this design.

Since you're using Photoshop, do your very best to take the full advantage of layers types and vector masks. Avoid using tools such as the Gradient Tool, Brushes, Dodging, Burning, etc... when designing. I've found, for all intents and purposes, blending options and layer options can achieve virtually all effects one might be looking for in interface design. This might seem like it'd take forever, but honestly it becomes a fluent process.

Ultimately, the reason for doing this is for resizing, reshaping, and transforming purposes. Any time the figure is changed in any way, the blending and layering options will automatically compensate for the changes. That way, a design for a 800x480 panel can be very, very quickly changed to any alternative resolution with no loss in detail or quality.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Good job on that, mate. Looks very sharp.

I have a suggestion, however, but please don't take it as my saying your work isn't any good; it's just a technique I've learned in the designing process. You may even do this already, but just didn't want to do it for this design.

Since you're using Photoshop, do your very best to take the full advantage of layers types and vector masks. Avoid using tools such as the Gradient Tool, Brushes, Dodging, Burning, etc... when designing. I've found, for all intents and purposes, blending options and layer options can achieve virtually all effects one might be looking for in interface design. This might seem like it'd take forever, but honestly it becomes a fluent process.

Ultimately, the reason for doing this is for resizing, reshaping, and transforming purposes. Any time the figure is changed in any way, the blending and layering options will automatically compensate for the changes. That way, a design for a 800x480 panel can be very, very quickly changed to any alternative resolution with no loss in detail or quality.

Hope this helps.

Hello mate,

You are so right - it's just through pure laziness that I haven't tought myself how to do things like vector masks! I am still designing with the same methods since my first copy of Photoshop 4 - which I migrated to from Picture Publisher (or something like that)!! Currently using the evaluation download of CS3 - unfortunately I've only got a few days left before I'll have to folk out ?500 for a full version!!

I will have to train myself for the exact reason you've pointed out. I've caught myself out with this design already for re-sizing.

Paul
  • Options
    Check out the forums at http://www.planetphotoshop.com/forum/index.php - there's a number of professionals active on the forum who are readily willing to help answer questions for folk new to Photoshop, along with Intermediate and Advanced users. I'd recommend it to anyone serious about improving their Photoshop skills.

Edit:
    Also, since you're familiar with programming already. Once you've familiarized yourself with PS CS3, I'd definitely recommend checking into Java Scripting for PS. It's an extremely powerful and time saving ability within PS, that I personally don't think gets enough use.
  • Options
    ryanwwryanww Posts: 196
    I was wondering if anyone still had a copy of this panel design. The link seems to have expired.. I really like this design as its so clean and uncluttered.. Would look great on my home system!

Thanks!