Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

ZigBee Repeaters

Has any one had any luck getting a repeater to be displayed on the ZigBee gatway's web interface in order to set its PAN ID?

I tried the tech note and set the PAN ID of the gateway to 3FFF, power up the repeater and every other combination but I still can't get the darn repeater to appear so I can set it's PAN ID. I have two repeaters I'm trying to connect to my Gateways PAN ID but they just won't appear. To make matters worse I now lost my R4's.

This shouldn't be this convoluted!

Comments

• Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    vining wrote:
    To make matters worse I now lost my R4's.
    Lost them as in they don't show up on the PAN, or lost them as in they're trapped in a couch somewhere?
  • Options
    Did you try upgrading the firmware?
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    They didn't show up in the PAN. The house doesn't have couches yet!

It was the firmware! When I read the tech note ealier it mentioned upgrading to firmware x.xxx.12 and I had x.xxx.16, so I figured I had a newr version. After taking a closer look I had noticed I had 1.00.16 and the tech note was referring to 1.01.12.

If I only knew how to read or just slow down enough to understand what I read, I'd be alright!
  • Options
    i have done this with a guy from tech. support on the phone step-by-step. dont remember how it worked, because i never understoof whether we were changing the PAN ID of the gateway or repeater...
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    REBUILD_EVENT wrote:
    because i never understoof whether we were changing the PAN ID of the gateway or repeater...
    It's a little convoluted because you have the change the PAN ID of the gateway to 3FFF which I'm guessing is the default PAN ID of the repeaters. Once the gateway is on 3FFF and you can then see the repeater on the gateways web interface where you can then change the PAN ID of the repeater cuz other wise you can't. Then once all the repeaters are changed to the desired PAN ID you then have to set the PAN ID of the gateway back to that number.

It's possible that if you're only using 1 gateway and subsequently using only 1 PAN ID you can just set the PAN ID of the gateway to 3FFF and leave it there. They should probably deafult the gateway to 3FFF and then just give you a sequential start up procedure. Of course that may be the case but I got my gateway months before the repeaters showed up and of course I had to start playing with.

It like every else, the first time sucks cuz you have to find that tech note and that isn't all that clear at first and until it's clear you end up frustrated and swearing alot.