Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

AMX in movies?

Did anyone notice the MVP8400 in the trailer for "The Game Plan" with Dwayne Johnson? Here's a few screenshots.

Also, have you seen / know of any movies or TV shows that have used AMX?

Comments

• Options
    They had a bunch of photos on the wall at AMX EAST in Horsham showing various movies featuring AMX.

It was kind of funny seeing Viewpoints still in use in otherwise super-futuristic spaceships!
  • Options
    "Red Planet" (Val Kilmer) and "Sixth Day" (Arnie)

I believe in both cases the displays were not in standard AMX bezels - I.E., there was no label you could read that said AMX.

And don't forget the bridge and matrix connection bed controls of the Nebuchadnezzar from "The Matrix"!!!

- Chip
  • Options
    nickmnickm Posts: 152
    AVOPHILE wrote:
    It was kind of funny seeing Viewpoints still in use in otherwise super-futuristic spaceships!

I got a kick out of Disney last year when I went to EPCOT. They are still using a Viewpoint for the "House of Tomorrow." The tour guide showed it off like it was a futuristic product itself. My wife and I just stayed quiet and moved to the next attraction.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I was just at a house where they were filming a Bollywood feature. They even asked me to be an "extra," (they wanted a computer tech exclaiming about a virus throughout the system) but I declined. Some of the clients MVP-8400's or CV-12's are bound to make it in though :). The one in his office is bound to - they filmed in there for about an hour because he has a monitor array that I had only just got fired up ... 4 24" LCD's that could catch all 4 computer outputs, or switch to DSS and MAX as well. We had my company webstie up on one, but the screensaver kicked in on that one, and they switched it to DSS because they wanted a "moving picture" :(.

Since they are only just filming now, I don't imagine the movie will be out for another few months earliest. I'll try to find out the title ... pretty sure it will be a Funky Buddha Studio production (the client has released other movies under that name ... like a Bollywood version of Fight Club).
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    DHawthorne wrote:
    I was just at a house where they were filming a Bollywood feature. They even asked me to be an "extra," (they wanted a computer tech exclaiming about a virus throughout the system) but I declined.

I bet a lot of programmers would have jumped at the opportunity, but any good one would be afraid of being TYPE_CAST.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    mpullin wrote:
    I bet a lot of programmers would have jumped at the opportunity, but any good one would be afraid of being TYPE_CAST.

:: rimshot ::
  • Options
    DHawthorne wrote:
    :: rimshot ::
    I believe most of us would be more suited for a panel discussion.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I worked at the University of Nebraska in the Instructional Technology Group. We designed the media systems in the lecture halls and classrooms. At that time, Tommy Lee (the drummer) was shooting his show for NBC where he went back to college. It was abysmal... However, there were many shots of him in the classrooms with the professors using AMX touch panels. While it's not film and it's certainly not high drama, it was AMX on the big/little screen.