Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Barco iCon H250 control protocol

Hi all,

We are currently building a system which incorporates a Barco iCon H250.

So far, Barco haven't responded, and we urgently need the control protocol. ....Leopards never change their spots I think is the old epxression....

I hoped that someone in this community might have some reference material for this unit.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• >>rant

Barco still haven't returned a single email in a week. Sales figures are clearly up for the month!

Maybe this great big shiny box of typical barco bits is the only unit they've sold...no wonder no-one has any data on it!

Story of my life really..

>> end rant
  • Here you go Stephen. This should be what you want...

If you haven't tried already, you should be able to sign up at https://secure.barco.com/admin/registration.asp and get access to the projector manuals & software etc.

Regards, Martin.
  • Hi Martin,

Sincerely appreciate your support in posting the protocol.

Many thanks indeed!
  • Barco

How is it going with Barco? We programmed an Icon H600 after many many many headaches. If you need any help...
  • DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    lomeraniel wrote:
    How is it going with Barco? We programmed an Icon H600 after many many many headaches. If you need any help...
    I commissioned the unit early October and all has been well.

I'm not going to say too much about the Barco product - I'll let the following story say it for me!

We took this $30K, 2500 ansi lumen 'box of....', sorry, 'box' out of the wrapper, plugged it in, turned it on and low and behold...my worst nightmare...a Windows XP boot screen.

Nearly died! Actually, I nearly died laughing!

I think page 2 or 3 of the manual explains how to rebuild Windows should something happen! Mmmm, now that's unlikely!!

Classic!

Well, I have to say the projector actually behaves quite nicely in the system and we've had no problems from site at all, so I guess that's the good part of the story...Modelled my module on one of my other vp modules and it hasn't misbehaved at all which is good.

Oh, after 3 hours of use in the Boardroom, the 'box of....', sorry, 'box' advised it had one blown lamp, and the other had 4 hours left.

Not bad value for money $10,000 per hour!

Been burned so many times by this manufacturer, all the way back to the Barco 900's it's hard not to have a little light hearted poke at it on my terms!

Hope this makes you feel better - it's certainly more amusing to me now than it was then I must say.

:-)
  • Barco

I'm happy that you didn't have any problem. With the Barco Icon H600 we discovered that if you try to do so something the first 2 or 3 minutes the system is booting the the projector becomes crazy and start to bug until you power it off. Because of the booting and the Netmeeting startup. But as it's a Windows system then this time could be increased in some months...
  • DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    lomeraniel wrote:
    I'm happy that you didn't have any problem. With the Barco Icon H600 we discovered that if you try to do so something the first 2 or 3 minutes the system is booting the the projector becomes crazy and start to bug until you power it off. Because of the booting and the Netmeeting startup. But as it's a Windows system then this time could be increased in some months...
    You can be sure!!!

You could install Nortons antivirus and firewall just to help slow it down some more, make it more unreliable and then completely break it if you like!

Wait 'til you advise the client that his system is fully installed and operational with the worlds greatest control system, but he will have to defrag the projector once a month!

:-)

How funny!
  • Barco

He he, indeed. It's incredible that professional brands trust in Mr. Gates. But it's money who moves this crazy world :p