Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Notificationqs are dead

I have NI-3000 controller, there is a problem when try to enable Diagnostic message, I don?t receive any message, I check the device notifications options and confirm the devices are active. But if I send string like:

Send_string 33001:1:0, ?Message?

It does not show on notifications window. Someone have any idea, someone know what could be happened?

Thanks.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    dafranro wrote:
    I have NI-3000 controller, there is a problem when try to enable Diagnostic message, I don?t receive any message, I check the device notifications options and confirm the devices are active. But if I send string like:

Send_string 33001:1:0, ?Message?

It does not show on notifications window. Someone have any idea, someone know what could be happened?

Thanks.

You might try to log into it with a terminal program and see if you get the same results.

Login to the the master with hyperterminal. type 'msg on' and see if you get any thing that way. 'msg off' turns it back off.
  • Notifications or Diagnostics?

Are you using Asynchronous Notifications or NetLinx Internal Diagnostics Messages?

When using the Asynchronous Notifications you need to define the system number that you are connecting to. Notifications at system 0 will not work to my knowledge.

Also, if you are sending a string using the NetLinx Studio Control a Device dialog you will not see that string go out in the Notifications window. In addition if there is not a buffer defined for an RS-232 port and there is no String handler it may not show a string coming from the device, even though the receive LED will illuminate. In that case you need to send an 'RXON' command to the port and then the return commands will show up in the Notifications window.

I have not tried monitoring strings to a virtual device, which is what it looks like you are doing.
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    The key here is the System number as the last poster pointed out. You must use the actual system number of the device, 0 will not work. Change it to 33000:1:1 or whatever.

Strings to and from virtual and RS232 devices can be monitored, although strings to and from ethernet devices (e.g. 0:3:1) will not show up.