Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

Resource graphics differ

Since updating TPD4, it's replaced the system graphics with version 4, and the majority of our panels have system graphics v.3 - this makes the first transfer a "full" transfer rather than a "smart" transfer. Now, I've found the file that says which version it uses and can obviously change it from 4 to 3. Most of our jobs are updated remotely, thus only utilizing the upload speed that we're allowed through the ISP. This can still take a long time, and leaves me with an uneasy feeling of having it hickup or fail during the transfer. The fact that it's a full transfer is quite annoying when you're only removing one button, or changing three button's programming properties.

Does anyone know what would happen if I were to change that number back to 3? I asked tech support and they weren't sure. Has anyone attempted this before? And if so - what were the results?

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    jjames wrote:
    Since updating TPD4, it's replaced the system graphics with version 4, and the majority of our panels have system graphics v.3 - this makes the first transfer a "full" transfer rather than a "smart" transfer. Now, I've found the file that says which version it uses and can obviously change it from 4 to 3. Most of our jobs are updated remotely, thus only utilizing the upload speed that we're allowed through the ISP. This can still take a long time, and leaves me with an uneasy feeling of having it hickup or fail during the transfer. The fact that it's a full transfer is quite annoying when you're only removing one button, or changing three button's programming properties.

Does anyone know what would happen if I were to change that number back to 3? I asked tech support and they weren't sure. Has anyone attempted this before? And if so - what were the results?

We've ran into this as well. I typically will just go ahead and upload remotely anyway. I've only had a hiccup once. It just involved sending the file again.

Our situation is a little different, perhaps. Many of our clients live on a barrior island about 30 miles from our shop. We typically have several techs roaming around the island working on something. I always send one of them by the home to double-check the panels that I've uploaded.

I don't know if I'd attempt it totally blind. You may just have to make a courtesy call... You can use it as a customer relations building session. :)