Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Problem with a Plasma

Some of y'all will remember the plasma I have with a checksum integrated into its protocol. Such fun this thing is.

I'm having a bit of a problem with it. The protocol for the plasma is located here.

Basically, I got my checksum stuff taken care of. I have a function that adds a checksum onto each command on the way out, and I have a function that reads and parses them on the way in.

Now I'm having just a standard problem. My input switching and mode requests and such commands all work perfectly, but the audio control commands aren't doing anything. I'm not getting any response back from the plasma at all. I dont think this plasma responds to commands it doesn't like.
level_event[dvTP,17] //If the volume bar is touched
{
	nVolume=level.value //Store the volume
	send_to_plasma("$DF,$80,$60,$7F,$02,$05,$01,nVolume")
}

Where send_to_plasma is a function that takes what is in there and adds a checksum to the end, then sends it out.

I'm tracking the output in debug. Here is an example of what actually gets sent to the plasma

DF,80,60,7F,2,5,1,16,5C

That SHOULD work. I don't understand why nothing is happening.

Am I missing something stupid?

J

Comments

• Options
    Is this an NEC plasma?

If so, I believe the $02 you have in your command needs to be $03.

At least that's what worked for me.
  • Options
    JeffJeff Posts: 374
    OK NEC is offically on my hit list

How do you print a nonproofread protocol guide? Seriously? I spent 2 hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong, and its their typo.

Thanks man

J
  • Options
    They've been on my list for about 6 years now - ever since my first experiences with the 50" MP2 model. What really irritates me is the way they will return an "invalid command" response when it is too busy to process what is really a valid command. Anyway, I just collect the docs on all of their various models and look for commands that work.
  • Options
    GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    Is this an NEC plasma?
    If so, I believe the $02 you have in your command needs to be $03.
    At least that's what worked for me.
    That pretty sick when you can pick out one incorrect digital in a hex string... good job! :)
  • Options
    I just finished up a job that had 4 of the darn things!
  • Options
    JeffJeff Posts: 374
    Yea, its clear if you look at the whole document that anything with a variable range (tint, volume, brightness, etc) uses the same 5 digit prefix ($DF,$80,$60,$7F,$03) to send data and the same 5 digit prefix to return data ($7F,$60,$80,$7F,$02). The volume gain command has $02 written in for both the send and receive.

Still, thats dang impressive to notice that, I only saw it once I knew what I was looking for

J