Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Sony VPLW60 Not Responding RS232

All right smart guys (and gals), sitting in a basement on a Saturday trying to get a Media Room up and running and everything is hunky dory except for a non responsive Sony Projector. The wire is good, the 232 port is good, the Tx light is flashing when a command goes out but nothing happens and nothing comes back. Have the protocol doc in front of me and standard Sony Projector commands [$A9....$9A], but I'm not even seeing a NACK let alone an ACK. Ideas? Anyone?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    AMXJeffAMXJeff Posts: 450
    I would say baud rate did you set Even Parity? If so then could be command structure

Send_Command dvProj,'SET BAUD 38400,E,8,1';

// Power On
    SEND_STRING dvProj,"$A9,$17,$2E,$00,$00,$00,$45,$9A"
  • Options
    turbeturbe Posts: 2
    AMXJeff wrote:
    I would say baud rate did you set Even Parity? If so then could be command structure

Send_Command dvProj,'SET BAUD 38400,E,8,1';

// Power On
    SEND_STRING dvProj,"$A9,$17,$2E,$00,$00,$00,$45,$9A"

Is the Checksum correct in your example? I thought it did an OR which would make the Checksum ($45 in your example) a $3F (Decimal 63).....

In your example, your Checksum is just adding (DEC equiv) $17 + $2E (the next 3 bytes are 0).

Am I wrong for the VW60?

I'm looking at Page 6 in the PDF Manual....
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    try this:

ProjectorOn = "$A9,$17,$2E,$00,$00,$17,$3F,$9A"
    ProjectorOff = "$A9,$17,$2F,$00,$00,$17,$3F,$9A"

with: SEND_COMMAND dvPROJECTOR, 'SET BAUD 38400, N, 8, 1'

should work with newer sony projectors.
    I think they recently changed from even parity to no parity
  • Options
    turbeturbe Posts: 2
    The checksum value should not be the same for both of those...

I don't need any codes, I created ControlCAL to help with Control and Calibration of Displays, I'm adding Sony support now.