Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

A&H iDR - problems with IP control

Hi Folks,
I'm using the AMX comm module to drive an iDR8. The iDR8 locks up. I haven't been able to detect a pattern, it just seems random.

The notes supplied with the module mention 'instability'.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what might be going on? I also tried my code on an iDR4 with the same random behaviour.

Regards

Jeff Adams

Comments

• Options
    Durcott wrote:
    Hi Folks,
    I'm using the AMX comm module to drive an iDR8. The iDR8 locks up. I haven't been able to detect a pattern, it just seems random.

The notes supplied with the module mention 'instability'.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what might be going on? I also tried my code on an iDR4 with the same random behaviour.

Regards

Jeff Adams
    One of our dealers told me he had the same problem with an iDR4. He got a beta firmware from A&H (on request) and now everything works fine.
  • Options
    help me

IDR8 v3.73 RS232 cable and RS232 code pls.
  • Options
    Unfortunately I don't have pinout and protocol.

But few days ago, I had a customer on the phone who said that he used the iDR8 module he got from Allen&Heath (it's the same archive that is in InConcert on the amx website), and it works over IP like charm. The manual to the module says that it is highly recommended to use IP instead of RS232.
  • Options
    Unfortunately I don't have pinout and protocol.

But few days ago, I had a customer on the phone who said that he used the iDR8 module he got from Allen&Heath (it's the same archive that is in InConcert on the amx website), and it works over IP like charm. The manual to the module says that it is highly recommended to use IP instead of RS232.
    ok thanks i will try to ip