Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

PPOF- For Groups

I thought if you sent the PPOF- command to any pop up of a group all pop ups of that group would close regardless of whether the pop up called in the PPOF- command was the active pop up or not. For the most part it does work but occassionally I get a sticky pop up that doesn't close and it's not the one called in the PPOF- command but it is clearly a member of the group.

Has any one else noticed this working inconsistantly?

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    vining wrote:
    I thought if you sent the PPOF- command to any pop up of a group all pop ups of that group would close regardless of whether the pop up called in the PPOF- command was the active pop up or not. For the most part it does work but occassionally I get a sticky pop up that doesn't close and it's not the one called in the PPOF- command but it is clearly a member of the group.

Has any one else noticed this working inconsistantly?

Yes,
    I ran into this a lot as I use popups exclusively for touch panels. (only one page as a background.)

I found rather inconsistent results with popups on a lot of the functionality.

My solution to the problem was rather draconian in that I would first try to track every popup open, then send specific commands to close them. Later, after some flakiness with that, I rewrote the whole navagation scheme to just close all current popups when navigating. That did the trick..

The command for that is '@PPX'

So, the routine is basically,

Customer pushes mode/popup button
    @PPX - close current popups
    open new set of popups

It all happens in about 4 ticks. (4 10ths of a second)

It's a great look from the client's perspective. The popups fly in and out all over the place. It's very 'Macintosh-like' according to the clients. It looks very action-film-ish.

well, enough of my making up adjectives...
  • Options
    Same here, assuming you are asking about a G4 panel. I have found it to be unreliable, so I had do a complete reassert of popup status to be sure that all the right popups are open and the others closed.

To keep things simple I need to be able to call this at any time, whether opening or closing popups and whether there are one or more meant to be open.

If you close all then open the ones you want, you get a flicker, which I guess is what Eric is describing. I didn't want that, so I chose to track status of each individual popup, close the ones that need to be closed, and open the ones that need to be open.

You would need to pay attention to the order of opening the popups to ensure that nested popups appear correctly on top of one another.
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    you could make a non visible popup in every group, and call that popup when you need to close all the popups in a group.
    Since popups in a group are mutually exclusive, all popups get closed when you open that one tiny popup...
    This way, i was able the quickly change between popups without (for me) any noticable flicker.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    For me, that annoying flicker is the one reason for using groups in the first place. I cringe when I can detect a group of pages going on or off one at a time ...