Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Daylight Saving Flag

Anyone know if there's a way to get a flag from an NI master (running 3.21.354 >) when Daylight Saving is in affect? I know it can send lots of different data, like if you have it turned on/off - clkmgr_is_daylightsavings_on(), but no simple flag if it's active.

I'm trying to eliminated my Daylight Saving code... less code is always better!

Comments

• Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    CLKMGR_IS_DAYLIGHTSAVINGS_ON() returns TRUE or FALSE. It returns TRUE when DST is active and FALSE when it?s not. Isn?t that the flag you?re looking for? Or am I missing your point?
  • jweatherjweather Posts: 320
    The distinction appears to be between daylight savings mode being ENABLED (true for most of the U.S. year-round, false for Arizona and Hawaii year-round) versus daylight savings mode being ACTIVE (ie, between the start and end dates AND enabled). I don't know enough about it to say for sure which one clkmgr_is_daylightsavings_on() does, but I'm guessing it tells you whether it is ENABLED.
    I spoke too soon. I hear what you're saying and the help file isn?t all that helpful but I'm guessing your guess sounds more reasonable than my assumption. :)
  • GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    Joe Hebert wrote:
    CLKMGR_IS_DAYLIGHTSAVINGS_ON() returns TRUE or FALSE. It returns TRUE when DST is active and FALSE when it?s not. Isn?t that the flag you?re looking for? Or am I missing your point?
    Hey Joe (that should be a song!)
    I thought the same thing until I tested it and found that it only reports if it is enabled. If the AMX engineers reading this, please add a flag for if Daylight Saving is ACTINE!
    GSLogic wrote:
    Hey Joe (that should be a song!)
    If I had a nickel for every time someone asked me "where you goin' with that gun in your hand?", I'd have a whole bunch of nickels. :D