Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Viewstat 422 Wiring and control

I need to control 5 Viewstats connected to a 8-port Dist Board via 422 communications and I am having a hard time with the serial connection. From what I could understand and from the AMX module notes, the serial cable is (DB9 on N I-3100 to Dist Board):

1 --- B-
4 --- A+
6 --- B+
9 --- A-
5 --- REF (is this one needed, the tech notes said nothing about it?)

I have configured each thermostat with its on address from 1 to 5, the number of total thermostats to 5, and communications to 9600 baud. I have also disabled 'Network Override' on each thermostat to prevent someone from accidently disabling network communications while pressing the ENTER key on the viewstat. I am using the AMX viewsta422_comm.tko.

On the Dist. Board do I need the dip switches A and B on the ON position as well for each thermostat?

I have always used ICSNet viewstats before, this is my first ones with the Dist. Board. Any suggestions? Thanks,

Ricardo

Comments

• Options
    GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    Your wiring is correct, pin 5 (unity ground) is not needed.
    I would start with one thermo connected directly to the AMX and then move to the Dist box.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    You definitely need to turn the A-B switches on.Their entire purpose is to shut off communications if you are having a problem, but still want the stats to work locally.