Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Expansion Cards

Hi,

I have a NI-4000 with extra comm expansion cards. I have standard extron device hanging off these, but when I try and put a NEC LCD 4010 onto one of these - I don't seem to be getting control ? Out or In. If I move the NEC LCD 4010 to Serial Port 7 built in it works fine ??

The only difference I can see is the 'String Size' which is 196bits on the card but only 64bits on the in built ports ???? This stat comes from check port.

Any ideas...

Thanks

Ed

Comments

• yuriyuri Posts: 861
    does the card "come online". ie. do you see it in your online tree?
    I've had once i had to press the cards in violently (sort of) to get them "clicked" in
  • Push

Hi,

Yes the cards are in - if I send a strin I can see the red led light up. The problem is I have put this LCD onto a card which normally controls a extron switcher perfectly...

Thanks

Ed
  • glr-ftiglr-fti Posts: 286
    I've been having a similar problem with a Pentair Intellitouch. Works fine in the DB9 Port 1-7 but failed in the COM2 slots. I played around with a breakout box and figured out I needed to connect DTR, I think it was, in order to get communication to the Pentair. It may be a similar situation for your device.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Are you making sure to put the 'SET BAUD' command in an online event of a DATA_EVENT[whatever_your_card_is] as opposed to the DEFINE_START section of the program?

You can check the settings of the card in terminal by sending a GET BAUD command and watching the diagnositics.