Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

AXT-CA10 Dead

All of a sudden my panel seemed to have frozen. It comes on fine, but seems as thought the screen will not respond to a touch. I have reloaded the panel with all the graphics included and no improvement. Put my backup unit in this location, and it works fine. I have never upgraded the firmware on either of my panels, set up screen shows V5.01J, But the reading I have done here indicates firmware should not really make much difference on an old panel like this. Is there anything else anyone can think of to get this unit back operational. At this point I cannot even get to the setup screens.

Thanks
Bruce

Comments

• Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Sounds like a bad touch overlay. Sometimes the connector onto the main pcb can come loose. If you have to send it in for repair, it will not be worth what you would be charged.
  • Options
    Sounds like a bad touch overlay. Sometimes the connector onto the main pcb can come loose. If you have to send it in for repair, it will not be worth what you would be charged.

Thanks for the Input, I will check internally to see if the connections are all tight. It has work flawlessly for years. The wife factor is kicking in as she is used to pushing one button to get everything going.
  • Options
    maxfli500 wrote:
    Thanks for the Input, I will check internally to see if the connections are all tight. It has work flawlessly for years. The wife factor is kicking in as she is used to pushing one button to get everything going.

Took it apart, Board is cooked.
    Oh well.