Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Radia Dimmers... Levels?

Greetings,

Do Radia dimmers have levels or device channels?

I do all my Radia programming with SEND_STRINGSs. It would be nice if there were channels that could go on for ramping and levels for easy bar graph application, like would be found on an a VOL3.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Hi, TurnipTruck. I used the same method couple years before, now we have AMX standard RADIA module for Netlinx which is much easier to use (trouble free as I have experiensed so far). It actualy gives you all control over dimmers and cards (and feedback so far). I suggest you try that one. Good luck, D.
  • edwgeoedwgeo Posts: 8
    I need source code for radia

I need source code for radia eclipse RE-DM6 for netlinx studio 2
  • If I recall correctly, the manual includes all the commands available and examples... Is there something specific you're trying to do?

- Chip

edwgeo wrote: »
    I need source code for radia eclipse RE-DM6 for netlinx studio 2
  • patbpatb Posts: 140
    As Chip said - just look in the manual for the radia. All of the channels, levels, commands, strings are all very clearly defined. It is one of the easiest lighting systems I've ever worked with - everything you need is right there at your fingertips. I helped design a house that was using 27 separate radia masters with over 400 separate lighting loads that were a mixture of inc, flour and relays and it worked great. It saved over $20,000 compared to a comparable Lutron Homeworks system. It didn't have any "canned" or "off the shelf" programming - I had to write it all, but I ended up writing a module that made them get up and running very quickly from multiple control interfaces. If you have specific questions just ask, but otherwise take a look at the manual.
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Be careful because the older Radias do not work well on the Axlinx bus of Netlinx masters. I was told that it was somethnig about timings used in the communication, but never got a complete understanding of the issue. The newer generation Radias work reliably on both master types.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Be careful because the older Radias do not work well on the Axlinx bus of Netlinx masters. I was told that it was somethnig about timings used in the communication, but never got a complete understanding of the issue. The newer generation Radias work reliably on both master types.

I have one of the REALLY earlier Radia dimmers packs that doesn't even speak Axlink. It communicates via RS-232. It's not the fastest ship at sea, but it does do a pretty good job. The levels on it are sent out as strings. So, you do have to deal with a rather slow responce as far as the user (me) is concerned. The pokiness of it doesn't bother me much as I programmed the dumb thing.

Perhaps that what this person is dealing with...