Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

MVP-8400 waking up from sleep issue

I'm having a problem with an MVP-8400 I wonder if anyone else has seen. We have a site that's pretty noisy from a RF standpoint. The panels on site seem to work well most of the time, however the client has reported problems from time to time. Doing some testing we found that if the panel goes to sleep and shuts down, when it's woken up and goes through the reboot process it doesn't connect or takes 1/2 hour to connect. Once connected it seems to work fine and will come back normally from a reboot done from the setup page or if the WAP it's talking to is unplugged and plugged back in. It's almost as if when it's waking up from sleep it goes through some sort of check for noise and if it's too noisy it shuts down comms for 1/2 hour or so.

We upgraded the panels to the latest firmware 2.83.9 and that actually seemed to make it work worse then 2.70.1 The panels have the second generation B cards in them and we're using the AMX-WAP250g AP's.

Comments

• Options
    flcusatflcusat Posts: 309
    Is there, by any chance, a Panasonic Phone System with cell stations involved?
  • Options
    alexanboalexanbo Posts: 282
    Actually this is one of the jobs where there is no Panasonic System. There's B&O phones on site, Lutron Homeserve dimmers/repeaters, R4 Zigby remotes and a couple big transmission towers in the field near the house.

It's weird though that a reboot from the setup page will work fine, just when the panel is rebooting after waking up that it has problems.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've just noticed this thread again after seeing the exact same behavior in an MVP-8400. MY access point was right next to a stack of Sonos boxes (which have their own wireless), and I figured they were stepping on the signal, even though they weren't on the same channel. I've moved my access point and am now waiting to see if that did the trick ...
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    DHawthorne wrote:
    I've just noticed this thread again after seeing the exact same behavior in an MVP-8400. MY access point was right next to a stack of Sonos boxes (which have their own wireless), and I figured they were stepping on the signal, even though they weren't on the same channel. I've moved my access point and am now waiting to see if that did the trick ...

We were having this problem in a couple homes that both had Panasonic cell station phones. We made a concerted effort to try to find happy places for all WAPs and cell stations and trained the customers to leave things alone. That has seemed to fix the MVP-8400 lockup problems.

However, we have another home that has Bang & Olufsen (sp???) 2.4Ghz phones, and they have been a nightmare. I've actually watched a touchpanel go offline when the phone was made active. After the client hung up, the panel came back. I then tried it myself and repeated it 3 times.

The Mrs.. likes the sexy look of the B&O phones and she doesn't care one whit if the Mr. can watch TV or not. I hate when technology gets entangled in marrital issues...