Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

Touchpanel keyboard, help!

Hi, I'm working with a Modero 8400. I'm trying to use the same keyboard that the panel has in the System Page Template to enter some infromation to an Audia Flex TI card. (preset information). I know how to bring up the keyboard. The thing is that I don't realize how to receive that information on my program. Do I have define those buttons on the keyboard on my program?
I know that I have to put that information on a variable or a buffer but don't know how to do it.

Thanks in advance,

New kid

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    You need to create a Data_Event String_Event handler for port 1 of your TP in code to capture data from the keyboard. You might want to go to System Page Templates in TPD-4 and copy the keyboard and paste it into you regular pages and give it a specific name to distiguish inputs from this keyboard for this device from other keyboards for other device. You can avoid this if page tracking and knowing what purpose invoked the keyboard.
  • Touchpanel keyboard, help!

So what does all the trick is the line (CREATE_BUFFER tp,tp_buffer)?
  • How do I make a String_Event handler for port 1 of my TP in code to capture data from the keyboard?
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    do something like this:
    DATA_EVENT   [TP]  //10001:1:0             

{
         ONLINE:
    	  {
    	  //
    	  }
         OFFLINE:
    	  {
    	  //
    	  }
         ONERROR:
    	  {
    	  //
    	  }
         STRING:
    	  {//SELECT ACTIVE would be nicer
    	  if (find_string(tp_buffer,'My_1st_Named_KEYB-',1))
    	       {
    	       //do something for keyboard 1
    	       }
    	  else if (find_string(tp_buffer,'My_2nd_Named_KEYB-',1))  
    	       {
    	       //do something for keyboard 2
    	       }
    	  else if (find_string(tp_buffer,'KEYB-',1))
    	       {
    	       //do something for system keyboard
    	       //this would have to be last cuz it's true with all keyboard returns
    	       }
    	  }
         }

• Touchpanel keyboard, help!

Thank you so much!!