Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Hardware For Sale

I do not know if this is permitted in the forums, but I have some hardware for sale that we pulled out of a job. Please contact me if you are interested in the following items -

2 Axcent 3 controllers
4 VPT CP Panels w/3 docking stations and one extra battery pack
2 AXR RF

Comments

• Where are you Phiber?

The world is a big place.
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    indeed, if you are in Europe, i'm interested in the whole lot :p
  • ryanwwryanww Posts: 196
    While you are on that topic, I have some stuff as well:

3 axcess cardframes each with a AXC-EM and AXC-S

8 AXC-INP8
    20 AX Universal 8 Relay
    17 AXC-232
    8 AXC-IR/S
    3 AXC-VOL

This is the count I took last.. it might vary a little bit, but not far off.. I am in orange county, ca.

Thanks, Ryan
  • ryanww wrote:
    . I am in orange county, ca.

Errr... what country is that in?
  • Errr... what country is that in?

California, United States
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    California, United States

that's too far. What's the shipping costs to the Netherlands?
  • annuelloannuello Posts: 294
    Perhaps your local eBay would be a good place to sell equipment. Either that or request the forum admin to created a "For Sale" section. Personally, I'd prefer eBay. No need to reinvent a well-turned wheel.
    For all of what I have or the original items posted?

If anyone wants to PM me a good enough offer, I will chip in on some of the shipping.. At least those frames and cards are super light!

I like ebay as well.. but it is a lot easier to sell it to people who are familiar with the gear, and who can be trusted more then people on ebay.. And no one would have to deal with all the ebay fees.
  • Should we ask for a forums section for the sale of equipment?
    I think we should add one.. Not too many people would probably use it, but it has it's advantages which I already listed.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Ryan,

I completely agree with you. I'd rather buy from someone who actually knows the equipment, and someone that we can trust. I vote for a "For Sale" section - though of course AMX would need to put a disclaimer on it so they're not involved in any mishaps. But, I'm sure this would rank last on their priority list, just after core tool development (NS2, TPD4, etc.)
    I am sure it would only take 3 minutes to add a new forum piece to it.. Maybe???
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I'm sure the real question is not, "could" they add it - but does AMX "want" to add it?

If you think about it, adding a "For Sale" section could open up an endless amount of crap that AMX does not want to deal with. Imagine when someone gets the bad end of a deal. Who are they going to complain to? I'll bet AMX will be their first call. Then, they'll probably post here on the forums saying that so-and-so is such a bad dealer / seller, and not to buy from them, then that starts a flaming war. And I highly doubt AMX wants to start that. Even if it's not "sanctioned" by AMX, and they do everything in their power *not* to get involved, by putting it on an official AMX forum, they will inevitably get involved.

Would it be nice from them to? Absolutely - I'd like to see it, as I just bought a house and want some *cheap*, low-end, older AMX stuff. Should they? Probably not. Will they? I highly doubt it. We mind as well file this under "requests that will never be fulfilled" right next to making NS2 & TPD4 100%-Linux-compatible.