Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Can our Controller and Touch Panels use CAT 6 Cables?

Hi All,

Can anyone kindly share if our controller is able to communicate with our touch panels via CAT 6 cables?

I have a situation where there is a need to have a fiber optic conversion to a CAT 6. So if anyone is kind enough to share some experience with this as this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    As long as the CAT6 cable is terminated to Ethernet 10/100 standards and used on a switch that supports IP communication, there should not be a problem.

Jeff
  • Options
    Spire_Jeff wrote:
    As long as the CAT6 cable is terminated to Ethernet 10/100 standards and used on a switch that supports IP communication, there should not be a problem.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff! Could not have a better information than this. Cheers.
  • Options
    KimKim Posts: 52
    Cat 6

But 6 category does not support RJ45 connector, you will need to use sockets 6cat. And pacthcord.

Best regards!
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I use CAT 6 wire for all my data networks w/ RJ-45 connectors, wall jacks and patch panel (CAT5 rated) no problems. You can use CAT 6 rated connectors, wall jacks and patch panels if you like and maintian the CAT 6 integrity through out if desired and if you are running on a Gigabit back bone via managed or unmanaged gigabit switches then you probably should. I've just started to spec these giga switches on higher end or congested networks so I'm still using the CAT 5 stuff on CAT 6 wire but that will probably change soon. CAT 5 BTW is fully rated for giga bit networks plus some. CAT 6 will get you up 10 gig or there abouts.