Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Running AMX software on a Mac

anyone know if I can run AMX software in a macbook? They run Windoze now as a 2nd OS. I'm hoping these machines last longer and work better than the IBMs and HPs and other crappy laptops in the market today.

OR..if you have a good laptop to recommend.. that's also good.

Comments

• ryanwwryanww Posts: 196
    I run all of the amx software on a mac book pro using mostly parallels and now vmware, and also bootcamp. It all works perfectly.

Ryan
  • great. what about the other AV stuff like GWare, Polycom Vortex stuff, Media Matrix and such? I COULD put a post on all those forums but since you've been doing it.. might as well ask.

thanks
    Cyril
  • ryanwwryanww Posts: 196
    I haven't used any of those.. but I have used a lot of networked audio dsp processors including ones that communicate with cobranet and all have worked.. It really is exactly the same.. just with better hardware. I have always had great luck with my macs.. and not so great with pc's. It also is fully functional with networking and I have used my trusty little cheap Fdti chip based usb to serial adapter and have yet to run into a device I haven't been able to communicate with.

Ryan
  • vincenvincen Posts: 526
    I confirm all AMX programming softwares work like a charm on Mac computers (I use myself Parallels without problems, previously Virtual PC on my old PPC Mac) since years to write AMX programs without any problems. I use a little Keyspan USB adapter when I need to connect in serial mode to an Axcess system or NetLinx for network setup :)
    I can confirm you it works also perfect with C***** softwares ;)
    I would advise you if you have money to buy Macbook Pro as they are more powerful and better quality than Macbook :)

vince