Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

A few questions regarding animated buttons

I have an animated button with 100 states.
The Animate Time Up is 90 and the Animate Time Down is 0.
I have Auto-Repeat set to yes so that the animation loops on its own.

1) Is it possible to use a SEND_COMMAND to tell the button to pause the animation at its current state?

2) On the flip side, is it possible to use a SEND_COMMAND to tell the button to resume the animation from its current state?

I?ve tried using the ^ANI command but I haven?t figured out the correct parameters to make this happen. ^ANI is defined as follows:
"'^ANI-<vt addr range>,<start state>,<end state>,<time>'"
Run button animation. Time is in 1/10 seconds and is optional. 0 for
state means current state.
I?ve tried plugging in 0s for start state and end state and left out the optional time parameter out to try and pause the animation. However all that did was stop the animation completely once it reached the last state. I?ve tried several other combinations with no success.

3) Regarding the Auto-Repeat parameter that is set at design time: The only way I can make Auto-Repeat work is to also set Feedback for the button to Always On. Is that the way it?s supposed to work?

4) Is there a SEND_COMMAND to control the Auto-Repeat parameter?

Thanks to anyone who can answer any or all of these questions.

Cheers,
Joe

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I think you have to abandon using it as a multi-state button and sending an animation command. Change it to a multi-state bargraph, and make a timeline for the animation, using SEND_LEVELs to animate it. Then you can inject code to stop the timeline at any point you like, or change the animation state to any point you like by using the TIMELINE_SET command. It's a bit more work setting up your timeline events, but will give you the control you need.