Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

NIxx00 Firmware 3.30.371 Bug

This is really a tiny bug (unless there is more to it than meets the eye), but I figured it should be reported all the same.

I noticed that the last two NI3100 masters, and one NI3000 we got back from RMA had been updated to the latest firmware for their respective series - 3.30.371, which is nice, but...

Each of them is skipping IR port 7 on the boot time LED runup "light show" for some reason. The ports appear to be working fine other than that. I tested turning on an IR channel and all seems well, so at this point I think it's just some broken light show code.

I'm not sure if this affects NI2x00/4x00 or not since we don't have any in the shop to test with.

--Eric

AMX Programmer
MHS Technologies
Newland, NC
+1 828 733 0141 Ext. 219

Comments

• Options
    This is a "bug" in the lightshow of the NI-x100 port firmware since 1.13.6, nothing more, nothing less. Had a talk with the firmware programmer some some while ago, and he told me like "... would take too much time to find and fix this. Maybe it's showing the build of firmware :) " But - this was introduced with 1.13.6 and has not changed in 1.13.7 :D

Again - don't panic. It's just a mistake in the lightshow, no effect for operation :cool:
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    This is a "bug" in the lightshow of the NI-x100 port firmware since 1.13.6, nothing more, nothing less. Had a talk with the firmware programmer some some while ago, and he told me like "... would take too much time to find and fix this. Maybe it's showing the build of firmware :) " But - this was introduced with 1.13.6 and has not changed in 1.13.7 :D

Again - don't panic. It's just a mistake in the lightshow, no effect for operation :cool:
    I hope that kind of attitude doesn't prevail over there. The entire point of the light show is to show you on start up that everything is working ... and I think it's highly unprofessional to blow it off that lightly. If I am having trouble with an IR port, I don't want to have to second guess if the port is really bad, or the LED just went out, and not be able to confirm it. That's not an acceptable answer. It boils down to his time or my time ... and when I am buying his product, I quite would rather it was his.
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    DHawthorne wrote:
    I hope that kind of attitude doesn't prevail over there. The entire point of the light show is to show you on start up that everything is working ... and I think it's highly unprofessional to blow it off that lightly. If I am having trouble with an IR port, I don't want to have to second guess if the port is really bad, or the LED just went out, and not be able to confirm it. That's not an acceptable answer. It boils down to his time or my time ... and when I am buying his product, I quite would rather it was his.

good point.
    the thing is, i can't be THAT hard to find right?