Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Help while transfer .irl file

Hello!
I'm a begginer in amx programming and i'm having a problem while transfering the .irl files to the ni controller. The only file that i can't transfer are the .irl files...Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    use IREdit :)
  • Options
    Have you mapped the file to the correct port (right click on IRL in workspace and select device mapping)?

What error message do you get when trying to transfer?
  • Options
    mritzmritz Posts: 22
    I have 2 projects where I also had problems with transfering some of the IR-files. When I tried to transfer the files with Netlinx Studio 2, it crashed. The solution was to transfer the files with the IR-Edit program. I think this was a special problem with the IR-files.
  • Options
    thanks.
    i solved the problem. it was a mapping thing.
    now i have another problem. how to comunicate with EIB? we have a comm-tech gateway wich should convert rs232 to EIB. i would be gratefull if anyone of you can send me a sample of a code. i found some samples on this forum but they are old, they are for EIB4 and i have 6. i tryed this code for a button but it didin't work.
    botton event
    PUSH
    {
    send_command vdvEIB,"' set = 14/0/2:2'"
    }

i think it should send the rs232 signal, but it doesn't
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    cristibad wrote:
    thanks.
    i solved the problem. it was a mapping thing.
    now i have another problem. how to comunicate with EIB? we have a comm-tech gateway wich should convert rs232 to EIB. i would be gratefull if anyone of you can send me a sample of a code. i found some samples on this forum but they are old, they are for EIB4 and i have 6. i tryed this code for a button but it didin't work.
    botton event
    PUSH
    {
    send_command vdvEIB,"' set = 14/0/2:2'"
    }

i think it should send the rs232 signal, but it doesn't

Use SEND_STRING, not SEND_COMMAND. The command version talks to the RS-232 device itself, and is used for configuration and setup. The string version is for passing it out through the serial port.
  • Options
    It will be great if someone can send me a simple project file containing an examplig of sending some eib code because i really can't do it.
    Thank you very much
  • Options
    solve that one to :). conecting via telnet helped me alot to see what was going on