Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Amx Axc-ir/s

Hi there

I have a problem with an AXC-IR/S Card in a Axcess2 Cardframe. I'd like to use it to control a InFocus Beamer via RS-232 but I have no clue how to get this card to send anything. Actually the AMX Instruction Manual isn't very usefull at last.
Is there anyone that could help me?
Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Options
    Primus, you won't get RS232 out of that card. You can connect an IR emitter to it (or hard-wire it to a device that has a connector for "wired IR" control) like you would for controlling a common DVD/VCR, but no RS232.

If you're stuck with the card, you could probably get/find an IR driver file for that projector and just use it as designed...

- Chip
  • Options
    Hi Chip

Thank you for your reply, now I know why I couldn't get it work!

bye
  • Options
    micodermicoder Posts: 36
    Irs

Chip,
    don't feel bad. Years ago this was one of my first mistakes. I read irs serial device on the description of this card. So, I foolishly tried sending rs232 instructions to it. No Joy.
    Amx tech support set me straight right away.

Keep on trying with this stuff. I began working with AMX in 1988. I worked at OHSU, a large medical, dental, nursing school in Portland Oregon. I installed only AMX everywhere. It worked really well and was extremely reliable. AMX tech support is legendary. They solved every problem I ever had except a problem with a radia lighting system. I finally just did a work around.

I had room done in a surgical suite that had to be online no matter what. I simply powered the whole system with a large car battery and an automatic charger. Solid as a rock.

I guess I am using this post to thank the AMX team for almost 20 years of patient, expert help. I am old and unfortunately have some sexist stuff running around in my psyche. I remember the first time I was connected to a female tech. I assumed I had been connected to another secretary by mistake. My first thought was that she was going to ask me if I turned the power on. She soon put my sexist prejudice where it belonged. She was brilliant and simply ignored the subtle sexism I must have exhibited on the phone. The AMX tech support team are real professionals who are willing to go the extra mile especially when I have told them that I was going to really look stupid the next day if I did not have the broken system working. They NEVER let me fail.

I was a state civil service employee. I believe that AMX was a significant contributor to my professional development and income. I was considered the tech miracle worker at an institution of 16 thousand employees. I am now retired and do work part time, mostly for fun.