Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

Trouble with R4 Transfer

Greetings,

I am working with an R4 for the first time.

When trying to do a transfer from TPD4, the transfer hangs at "Create Remote Panel Directories"

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Do you have any other files open in TPD4 when you're doing the transfer? I've noticed than sometimes when I do transfers and multiple files are open it will hang up. I don't recall if this ever happened with R4s cuz my brain is toast but now the when ever a xfer gets timed out the first thing I do is close any other files that are open and then it seems to work fine.

Obviously if you getting to that point you're configured correctly so if the above doesn't apply or if it does but doesn't help I ain't got a clue.
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Try turning off your Windows firewall or at least adding TPD4 to the firewall application exceptions.
    Paul
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    My mistake.

You cannot transfer to an R4 over Zigbee as I was trying to do. The transfer must be USB.

You must also update to the latest AMX USB LAN driver from the website to work with the R4.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    TurnipTruck wrote:
    My mistake.

You cannot transfer to an R4 over Zigbee as I was trying to do. The transfer must be USB.

You must also update to the latest AMX USB LAN driver from the website to work with the R4.
    Yep, that will definetley cause a transfer problem. Not sure how you were able to see the R4 in the first place to initiate the transfer.

After a while you will learn to hate this transfer method. Changing from mesh to usb then rebooting, switching back, so on and so forth.

Be sure to start with the Queuing "Comm" Module before you get deep with your code and remember with ZigBee (R4s) less = more where the lesser amount of feedback and communications to the R4s the more reliability you'll achieve.
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Up and running and using the AMX queing module.

I am currently working on an R4 UI for the Fireball.

The Fireball module sends eight variable text changes in one shot as you scroll up or down a list of movies, songs etc. The first five appear on the R4 almost instantaniously, while the the last three each take progressively longer to appear. The last two can take almost five seconds each to display. Running the queing module has no affect on this. The amount of characters being sent has no affect either.

Any ideas?